Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stuart Grimshaw <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 03:11:10 UTC

Solrj writes data to local directory

I have a Solr instance in a directory in 1 location on my hard drive,
and set solr.solr.home to that location, when I open it, I can add
documents and close the instance with no problem, but the data is
written to a new directory solr/data in the current directory.

Has anyone seen this before?

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

Re: Solrj writes data to local directory

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Can you do:

ps auxwww | grep java
(or whatever you need to do to show us the command-line used for starting the servlet container)

I assume you are using Solr 1.4?

Otis --
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

Posted by Stuart Grimshaw <st...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> Looks like a very old undesirable config issue...
> http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/c5ae6fa490d0f59a
>
> I'll open a JIRA issue to track this.

This was my problem also.

Commenting out that element has solved that problem, and introduced another one.

Even though I'm adding 11 documents at a time, when I look at the
instance with the web interface I see this in the statistics:

numDocs : 4
maxDoc : 24

I've run it a couple of times and the first run gave:

numDocs : 2
maxDoc : 12

I don't understand what's happening because I'm not deleting any from
the archive, shutting down the util I'm using to doesn't say anything
about removing any.

closed DirectUpdateHandler2{commits=1,autocommits=0,optimizes=0,rollbacks=0,expungeDeletes=0,docsPending=0,adds=0,deletesById=0,deletesByQuery=0,errors=0,cumulative_adds=11,cumulative_deletesById=0,cumulative_deletesByQuery=0,cumulative_errors=0}

Anyway, I'll try and fix it and make another post if I cant work out what it is.

Re: Solrj writes data to local directory

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
Looks like a very old undesirable config issue...
http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/c5ae6fa490d0f59a

I'll open a JIRA issue to track this.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com