Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/06 03:11:38 UTC

Fwd: Roller working on Java EE 6 servers now

Anyone interested in trying this out?

thanks
david jencks

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried it on the latest 3.0-SNAPSHOT build, and find we might need more
> changes
> a.  Move the persisence configuration out from geronimo-web.xml

This might break the user experiences when they migrate their Java EE 5 apps
from 2.* to 3.*.  Any workaround to maintain the backward compatibility?

> b. Might make hidden-class work, which means to use the jar files shipped
> with web application.

Agree.   AFAIK, lots of users would like to use their embedded jars within
their EE apps, unless Geronimo provides the specific version of jar files
already.

> c. Support old DTD style tag lib files
>

> Agree.

Thanks Ivan for the update.

Jeff

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: Roller working on Java EE 6 servers now

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.