Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2005/01/27 19:37:27 UTC

Re: [Opensymphony-sitemesh] SiteMesh Tapestry decorator

On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:43 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Joe Walnes wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:48:08 -0500, Erik Hatcher
>> <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>>> This was simple, so I'm surprised no one had done this before.
>>
>> I really like this and am happy to see it as one of the major plans
>> for SiteMesh 3 is to have 'proper' out-of-the-box-support for non JSP
>> technologies - we can now include Tapestry in this.
>
> I've completely refactored from the hack that I posted, and now have
> built Tapestry components to behave like the SiteMesh head, title,
> body, and property taglibs.  I've created them within my local source
> code of SiteMesh just as the others are, including an example within
> the sitemesh-example.war.  I'll package this up and post it to JIRA in
> the next day or so.

I've created a patch against SiteMesh CVS HEAD and a .zip of the new
files:

	http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/SIM-165

I went the extra mile with the example showing how a body onload can be
added to the decorator and how SiteMesh can provide a title to @Shell.

Let me know if there are any questions or issues with this addition.
The Tapestry 3.0.1 library (which I just noticed contains a modified
OGNL JAR) that is included in the .zip can be refreshed from the true
Tapestry release containing the official OGNL JAR.  The build.xml patch
will probably need some minor tweaks based on how the SiteMesh team
wants to add this dependency.  As I stated in the JIRA issue, the
Tapestry dependency is quite a bit heavier than the other decorators,
but I feel it is a great addition to SiteMesh.

	Erik