Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Hendrik Haddorp <he...@gmx.net> on 2017/07/28 11:01:21 UTC

dynamic resource reservations

Hi,

we did a migration from Mesos 0.28 to 1.3.0 and somehow it looks like
one framework "stole" resources another framework had reserved earlier.
Unfortunately I do not have any logs for the time frame so I'm not
certain what exactly happened. Currently we have one framework running
with a role and principal while the others are running with roles * and
no principal. Would a framework running with no role be able to use a
resource that another framework reserved for a specific role?

regards,
Hendrik

Re: dynamic resource reservations

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Typically a framework with no role cannot use resources reserved for
another role. So, it would be interesting to see what happened.

Also, please be aware that directly upgrading from 0.28.0 to 1.3.0 is not
supported. You need to go from 0.28.0 to 1.0.0 and then jump from 1.0.0 to
1.3.0.