Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/27 06:17:51 UTC

Log stops at Member initialized when deploying ec2 cartridge

Hi All,

I have setup Stratos on one ec2 instance and MB on another ec2 instance.
When I try to deploy ec2 application using sample script, application does
get deployed and I can see ec2 instance being created for cartridge.

But in wso2carbon.log I can only see messages till Member initialized.
Member started and rest messages do not appear. Same happens with the load
balancer extension log.

I tried deploy application on mock iaas to see if I get all messages for
that. But I got error invalid partition while running deploy script.

Please find attached logs. I would appreciate any help to find out the
reason behind this and sort this out.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnil

Re: Log stops at Member initialized when deploying ec2 cartridge

Posted by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pubudu,

Thanks for the link. I will refer it in future.

I wish I had found and gone through it earlier. Would have saved our time!

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnil

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Swapnil,
>
> Glad to hear that. I could find configuration details in [1]. It provides
> all the details for setting up in a EC2 environment.
>
> [1] -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Install+Stratos+with+EC2+in+a+Testing+Environment
>
> Thank you!
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:03 AM, Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pubudu, Imesh,
>>
>> Thanks for your inputs. Now I can see /tmp/screen.agent.log and it has
>> correct values for mb.
>>
>> I can also see Member started, activated messages in wso2carbon.log.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Swapnil
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Swapnil,
>>>
>>> Where is your puppet master running? Is that the same machine where
>>> you run Stratos? You have to change the puppet ip and hostname in
>>> cartridge-config.properties file in <Stratos>/repository/conf
>>> directory. I think puppet-hostname cannot be your puppet hostname.
>>> Check the hostname in puppet master machine and update the above file.
>>>
>>> You don't need to change the message broker port. It should be 1883.
>>>
>>> Basically when we run in distribution mode, we may have to change the
>>> following files in <Stratos>/repository/conf directory.
>>>
>>> 1. cartridge-config.properties - puppet master IP and hostname
>>> 2. jndi.properties - message broker setup

Posted by Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com>.
Hi Swapnil,

Posted by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pubudu, Imesh,