Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/11/08 03:35:37 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/lib/Apache Build.pm

randyk@apache.org wrote:
> randyk      2003/11/07 00:48:21
>
>   Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test Makefile.PL
>                perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm

ah, here it is :)

just as a general note, if you noticed, this commit had multiple targets -
both the modperl-2.0 and httpd-test repositories - however the commit email
went to only one address: modperl-2.0-cvs@apache.org.

I've seen this before, for instance when I committed both docs and code in
the same commit, the email went to modperl-docs-cvs@.  so, these days I try
to remember to commit Apache-Test separately from the code separately from
the docs, just so that the commit diffs end up on the proper lists and are
more easily searchable.

if there is some way we can correct log_accum.pl do-the-right-thing, that
would be great too :)

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/lib/Apache Build.pm

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> Sorry about that; I hadn't realized they went to just one
> address. At the time I thought it better to do the mod_perl
> and Apache-Test commits together, as the changes addressed
> the same issue. I'll separate them in the future, though.

no worries.  I just recently discovered this behavior, and I'm sure that
I've done the same thing even after I found out :)

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/lib/Apache Build.pm

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

[ ... ]

--
best regards,
randy

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/lib/Apache Build.pm

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> randyk@apache.org wrote:
>
>> randyk      2003/11/07 00:48:21
>>
>>   Modified:    perl-framework/Apache-Test Makefile.PL
>>                perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
>

> ah, here it is :)
>
> just as a general note, if you noticed, this commit had multiple targets
> - both the modperl-2.0 and httpd-test repositories - however the commit
> email went to only one address: modperl-2.0-cvs@apache.org.
>
> I've seen this before, for instance when I committed both docs and code
> in the same commit, the email went to modperl-docs-cvs@.  so, these days
> I try to remember to commit Apache-Test separately from the code
> separately from the docs, just so that the commit diffs end up on the
> proper lists and are more easily searchable.

Agreed. We should stick to that practice.

> if there is some way we can correct log_accum.pl do-the-right-thing,
> that would be great too :)

That would be cool too. There is nothing we can't do with Perl ;)