Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Michael Schuddings <ms...@reference.be> on 2012/04/20 13:04:54 UTC

Sling - integrating existing JCR repo

Hello,

I am trying to use apache sling as an templating framework in front of Hippo CMS (also uses JCR) so normally it should be possible to integrate Hippo CMS with Sling I guess.

So what I did is in the configuration of Sling configured : Apache Sling Embedded JCR Repository:

And i changed the values to:
Config file : file://C:/java/appserver/apache-tomcat-7.0.6/conf/repository.xml<file:///C:\java\appserver\apache-tomcat-7.0.6\conf\repository.xml>
Repository home: C:\java\appserver\apache-tomcat-7.0.6\webapps\cms\storage (If I change this to not the one that Hippo CMS is using everything is OK )
Embedded JCR Repository Name : repositoryDS
Default workspace : default

..

Aministrator : admin
Admin pwd : admin

And the other values remained the same.

Now when I try to get content or post content I get this error ( Unless as described above , if I change the Repo home.)

The requested service (AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.) is not currently available.

Can someone help me ?

Am I using the correct parameters ? Am I forgetting somehting or can someone explain in more dept what I should put in ( in the values above).

thanks !

Re: Sling - integrating existing JCR repo

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Michael-
You should be able to find more information as to *why* the
AuthenticationSupport service isn't starting in the log file or through the
web console.

My guess is that the issue you are running into is that the Jackrabbit
repository home can only be used by a single process at a time. I doubt the
Embedded JCR Repository bundle is the right solution.

Justin