Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gr...@titanium.sabren.com> on 2004/09/26 16:49:49 UTC

Request access to internationalise http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

This message is directed at the people responsible for hosting the
web page found at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/.

As coordinator of a project to translate the book to Spanish, I would
like to modify this page to show that some work on it is being done.

First, I would add a translated version of the page itself under
the name index.es.html.  This translation would be exact to
the English version, except for some text which would indicate
that the files to download are in English. The selection of the
language would be performed in a similar way to that of the web page
http://www.debian.org/, meaning a small text menu at the bottom of
the page.

Second, I would add another section to the translated version
explaining that there is a project to translate the book to
Spanish. This section would explain where to get the raw source
of the work being done, the people involved in the project, an
address to communicate with (possibly being a mailing list), and a
few binary links to snapshots of the book partially translated to
Spanish in the same format as offered by the english page.

If the web page at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ is managed through
a svn repository like http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/www I
would only need read access to it so I could send patches. But first
I would need to know the conditions of the patches and the people
to submit them too, if they are inappropriate for this mailing list.

PD: Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. TIA.

Re: Request access to internationalise http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gr...@titanium.sabren.com> writes:

> This message is directed at the people responsible for hosting the
> web page found at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/.

That would be Ben Collins-Sussman, Brian Fitzpatrick, and myself.  I
will follow up to the rest of your mail privately, as the svnbook
website is outside the scope of Subversion development.

Re: Request access to internationalise http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
That sounds like a very good idea.  I don't know who is responsible for that main web page; I hope one of the main authors of the book can give you a better answer.

- Julian