Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 14:42:54 UTC

Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Hi,

I am getting so many Mbeans from My JMX like kafka.server,kafka.network etc.

There are of different types and have a lot of attributes.

I am trying to get when the attribute value for any Mbean is getting
changed.

But no helpful docs I am getting for it on google.

Even the terms used like
kafka.server":type="FetchRequestPurgatory",name="PurgatorySize",here
how/when  the value of PurgatorySize get change.No clue for this.
Similar to this there are a lot more values like

when a topic is created,there is 554 values in kafka.network Mbean.

Please any one can share any doc that explains the Mbeans for Kafka-0.8.

It will be really helpful for me.
Thanks.

--
*Moni*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Joel.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am getting some more Mbeans which are not mentioned here-
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring

These are:
(1)"kafka.network":type="RequestChannel",name="Processor-0-ResponseQueueSize",
"kafka.network":type="RequestChannel",name="Processor-1-ResponseQueueSize",
"kafka.network":type="RequestChannel",name="Processor-2-ResponseQueueSize"

Im not getting what  these Processor in (1) are actually for?
(2)"kafka.server":type="FetcherLagMetrics",name="ReplicaFetcherThread-0-1-host_moni-192-168-145-119-port_9092-demo-0-ConsumerLag"

(3)"kafka.server":type="FetcherStats",name="ReplicaFetcherThread-0-1-host_moni-192-168-145-119-port_9092-RequestsPerSec"

(4)"kafka.server":type="FetcherStats",name="ReplicaFetcherThread-0-2-host_moni-192-168-145-176-port_9092-BytesPerSec"
The Mbeans (2),(3) and (4) are getting generated on my 3rd broker -
host_moni-192.168.145.67,kafka running on same port-9092.Any reason for
these.
Any help is really appreciable.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jun.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Jun.

[...]

One more thing I observed is-when two brokers(broker 1 and 3) were
stopped,broker-2 became the leader for all the partitions.After some time
when both brokers(broker 1 and 3) were started,they didn't become the
leader for any of the partition.only broker-2 remains the leader for all
the partitions of my cluster.This shouldn't happen as I am having 9
partitions for 2 topics and broker-2 is leader for all partitions,so for
any read/write broker-2 will be handling the producer/consumer
requests.what is no of partitions=100 for 10 topics.There will be time
delay,so other brokers should also be elected as leader after they are
started.

Thanks.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Jun.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Updated the description in

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for replying Neha.It helped me a lot in getting the things more
clear.
I just have some doubts for the value of below Mbeans,please have a look:
(1)ISR expansion
rate::"kafka.server":name="ISRShrinksPerSec",type="ReplicaManager"
,non-zero only during broker startup.
Does the property (1) mean that,it will be become zero when any broker (in
a 2 node cluster)is started,and will be non-zero again if both the brokers
are stopped.
(2)ISR shrink rate::"kafka.server":name="ISRShrinksPerSec",type="ReplicaManager"

--
*Moniii*

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
You may find this useful -