Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by ja...@apps4u.com.au on 2014/09/09 06:44:34 UTC

ElasticSearch Dot-two Branch

Hi I have a quick question about the two-dot branch , it now has a dependancy on Elastic Search and from what I can see its used in test code. From what Ive ready about Elasticsearch its a database and REST engine and usergrid uses Cassandra for its data storage and has a REST api. So what is Elasticsearch being used for and why dose the AWS cloud formations package create Elasticsearch instances ???
Is it a replacement for Cassandra ??

 I posted this to user mailing list sorry for doing it twice not sure which list to ask questions on.

Re: ElasticSearch Dot-two Branch

Posted by ja...@apps4u.com.au.
Thanks That make sense. I thought it was something like that.

Thanks agin.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.