Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "vivek.mi" <vm...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/27 14:12:16 UTC

Using LookUp to autofill multiple values in form

Hello all,

I want to use lookup field in a form to fill the multiple fields in same
form.
As of now i am able to set only one value.

<field name="name" title="${uiLabelMap.TaskMgmntName}">
       <lookup target-form-name="LookupSignature"
description-field-name="designation"/>
</field>

The above code is having only one description-field that is being filled
after the selection is made.

Thanks in advance,
Vivek Mishra

-----
Vivek Mishra

Re: Using LookUp to autofill multiple values in form

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
Maybe you could do the lookup in groovy, so you could add a context value and
use it in multiple places in the form?

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Using LookUp to autofill multiple values in form

Posted by "vivek.mi" <vm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques for your reply.

I have used the same to get one value. After Look-up it actually sets
another value which is specified as *description-field-name* while using the
look-up on a particular field.

<field name="name" title="${uiLabelMap.TaskMgmntName}">
       <lookup target-form-name="LookupSignature"
<b>description-field-name*="designation"/>
</field>

May be some other way around i can get values using ftl and groovy, but so
far not getting it from the form-widgets.

-----

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Not exactly sure of what you want to do. You might look at how is done

"Lookup Field of type layered and showing use of set_values underneath, ie returning not only Id but also another value. Both using also autocomplete"
at example/control/FormWidgetExamples

and continue from that. Maybe not easy...

Jacques

Geo ID