Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Apostolos Apostolidis <ap...@csd.uoc.gr> on 2004/05/30 19:37:49 UTC

Forwarding from one pane to another

   Hi all! I have defined two tab panes and i want to create a link that will forward the user from one pane to another. I have defined a javascript function that does this, but i have to declare EXPLICITLY the URL of the pane I want to be forwarded to like this :

window.location.href = "http://localhost:1025/jetspeed/portal/pane_url" , where pane_url is the js_pane id.

Is there any way i can refer to the url of the second pane dynamically????

I am using jetspeed-1.4 and tomcat-4.1.27

Thanx in advance.

Re: Forwarding from one pane to another

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Le 30 mai 04, à 19:37, Apostolos Apostolidis a écrit :

>    Hi all! I have defined two tab panes and i want to create a link
> that will forward the user from one pane to another. I have defined a
> javascript function that does this, but i have to declare EXPLICITLY
> the URL of the pane I want to be forwarded to like this :
>
> window.location.href =
> "http://localhost:1025/jetspeed/portal/pane_url" , where pane_url is
> the js_pane id.
>
> Is there any way i can refer to the url of the second pane
> dynamically????

I'm not sure I understand your question but if you want to have J1
generate the url for you in a JSP page
you can use the portletlink dynamic tag:

<js:portletlink jspeid="mypaneID" />

Check out the TLD in webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/tld/jetspeed.tld and
related java classes for more
options.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java