Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by George Vetticaden <gv...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/04/15 18:31:29 UTC

Dev Env Setup Instructions

I have goten a lot of questions/interests recently about how to setup  their Dev environment to start contributing to the project.
This is great news!
I have quickly created the following wiki article.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Development+Environment+Setup+Instructions

I think we should iterate on it and build it out further..I assume that most folks are using IntelliJ
Possible things to add:

  1.  How to create and write unit and integration tests
  2.  How to deploy the application  to the single node vagrant VM

Also I'm not sure if this is the right place on the wiki for it.

What are folks thoughts?

--
George Vetticaden
Principal, Senior Product Manager for Metron

Re: Dev Env Setup Instructions

Posted by James Sirota <js...@hortonworks.com>.
George,

Thanks for the contribution.  This is great.  Going forward I think we’ll need to make these instructions more generic, but this is a great start

Thanks,
James