Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Flapflap <li...@sans-facon.net> on 2005/11/30 09:44:12 UTC

GUI Client on Mac Os X

Hi there,

I download and install svnx has a mac os x client but it miss an
important thing : the conf file like tortoisesvn so I can set autoprops...

Is there a better Mac Os X GUI client (finder integrate will be the best) ?

--
Flapflap[at]sans-facon.net --
DevBlog : http://www.kilooctet.net

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Posted by Flapflap <li...@sans-facon.net>.
Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Nov 30, 2005, at 10:44, Flapflap wrote:
>
>> I download and install svnx has a mac os x client but it miss an
>> important thing : the conf file like tortoisesvn so I can set
>> autoprops...
>>
>> Is there a better Mac Os X GUI client (finder integrate will be the
>> best) ?
>

> This is the official list of clients:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html#clients
>
> The only Mac clients listed are SvnX, which you tried, and scplugin,
> which purports to offer Finder integration, but I don't think it's
> very mature.
>
> VersionTracker lists also eSvn and iSVN:
>
> http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?action=search&str=svn
>
> Many of the cross-platform clients, like RapidSVN and SmartSVN,
> should also work on Mac OS X, with varying degrees of success and
> elegance.
>
> I myself didn't have the patience to try out all these clients; after
> being disappointed with the first few I tried, I've been using the
> command line, and that works just fine.

Thank you for infos.

I need do deploy subversion for my coworkers that are graphic designer
so don't even think to talk about "command line" !!

Will check some of these and give you feedback...

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Posted by Flapflap <li...@sans-facon.net>.

>Just a guess, but if a subversion (GUI) client doesn't have its own config
>file, it probably uses the subversion config file, ~/.subversion/config.

Yes, but this folder is hidden to finder so I don't find it the first
time... Now its ok ;-)

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Posted by Andrew Vaughan <aj...@netspace.net.au>.
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:59, Flapflap wrote:
> The main feature I need (I mean appart checkout, update and commit) is
> lock process and config so the user can set autoprops.
>
> I'm on to SmartSVN, but don't find where the config file is...

Just a guess, but if a subversion (GUI) client doesn't have its own config
file, it probably uses the subversion config file, ~/.subversion/config.

Andrew V.

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Posted by Martin Rabl <ma...@rablnet.de>.
Hi,

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2005, at 10:44, Flapflap wrote:
>> Is there a better Mac Os X GUI client (finder integrate will be
>> the best) ?
> The only Mac clients listed are SvnX, which you tried, and scplugin,
> which purports to offer Finder integration, but I don't think it's
> very mature.
scplugin runs so la la ... not so good like TortoiseSVN under
Windows, but - it's ok for the most things like committing.

> Many of the cross-platform clients, like RapidSVN and SmartSVN,
> should also work on Mac OS X, with varying degrees of success and
> elegance.
Since a week sometimes I use RapidSVN (newest Version) for
manipulating the repository directly.

When you work with Eclipse as IDE, subclipse runs good, too.

Bye,
   Martin

Re: GUI Client on Mac Os X

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.