Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 18:43:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r831969 - in /incubator/pivot/trunk: demos/src/org/apache/pivot/demos/explorer/ demos/www/ tools/src/org/apache/pivot/tools/wtk/ wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/

Hi Todd,
should I add the text for "Component Explorer" also in the web_start.jsp page ?
And last, all is working right with the current (unsigned version), or
should I link the signed ?

Tell me.
I'll do the stuff tomorrow.

Byeeee

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Todd,

> Keep in mind that DesktopApplicationContext remembers the value of your
> window's size and location when you close it and keeps it for the next time
> you launch it -- but only when you don't hard code the size and location in
> startup properties.
Ok, but with Unsigned jars, under Web Start I don't remember it this
is possible ...

> That being said, I can certainly lower the split ratio of the content area /
> property inspector splitter in the component explorer, since it was
> arbitrary to begin with :)
Great, having good defaults are always useful.

Thanks,
Sandro

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
That all depends on the size of the window, and while the JNLP files may
specify a size, the applet won't, and users launching from the desktop
won't.

Keep in mind that DesktopApplicationContext remembers the value of your
window's size and location when you close it and keeps it for the next time
you launch it -- but only when you don't hard code the size and location in
startup properties.  I think most of the time, it's bad practice to hard
code size and location of your app for this reason.  In the case of our demo
JNLP files, however, I think it's fine, because the users of the demos are
likely to have never run the app before and may never run it again, so
providing them with a good default makes sense.  However, I don't think we
should cater the L&F of any app to a particular window size, since in
general, that size can and will change.

That being said, I can certainly lower the split ratio of the content area /
property inspector splitter in the component explorer, since it was
arbitrary to begin with :)

-T

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Byeeee

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, you can add it to the web start index, and it should work unsigned.

Thanks,
-T