Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by scott hutinger <s-...@wiu.edu> on 2007/01/27 02:21:51 UTC

[docs] unsure about (c)

I'm a bit uncertain about the symbol (c) that years ago was a needed
include (could be a past artifact).

But Jean has had some (c) and some ! not (c) in some information.  In
fact, I don't see the symbol (c) in the url's that Jean had shown.  I
left the Copyright page the way it was.  Does the symbol mean anything
anymore?  It was years ago (c), or the correct symbol was needed. (?)

1)  Does the copyright page read correct?
2)  Not related, but should the version number be in all headers, and
not just the table of contents?  I wasn't certain about this, but I know
I get a mess of papers that might not have a device to hook them
together (staple), so might like the version in the header?

thanks,
scott

Re: [docs] unsure about (c)

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 1/26/07, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> scott hutinger wrote:
> > 2)  Not related, but should the version number be in all headers, and
> > not just the table of contents?  I wasn't certain about this, but I know
> > I get a mess of papers that might not have a device to hook them
> > together (staple), so might like the version in the header?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion about this.
>
>  -jean

I don't see the version number in the TOC.  What I see is the word
"Copyright" in the header (in both the alpha and 10.2 release books).

To me what makes more sense is to have a footer that has the name of
the book and version number, rather than something in the header.

--
Laura Stewart

Re: [docs] unsure about (c)

Posted by scott hutinger <s-...@wiu.edu>.
OK, 1989 sounds about correct, thank you for the update of information.
I agree that the word should suffice...

The unfolding copyright information, since it's unfolding; isn't the
current information correct?  If the current copyright page isn't
correct, let me know exactly what is needed.  I am guessing that it's
correct until everything is unfolded.

I'll leave everything the way it is, unless someone has an opinion about
things like version number in all header pages.

Thanks much for all the (c) information.
scott

Re: [docs] unsure about (c)

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.