Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wenm <wm...@tdc.dk> on 2008/06/13 13:07:33 UTC

validation message

I try to validate component by using setRequired(). and I would like to
define the feedback messages in application level properties file.

For example, the application structure is like
myApplication
 -basePage
 -myPage extends basePage
 -myForm
 -myTextField

I tried to overwrite the default message in myApplication.properties like:
  myPage.myForm.myTextField.Required = something is missing
But it is not succeful.

I don't know whether I do something wrong or I have to set up something in
myApplication?
Thanks.

Re: validation message

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, wenm wrote:
> Maybe I didn't explain clearly. I knew how to override in myPage.properties
> and myForm.properties. But I mean if I want to override in
> myApplication.properties, is it possible to do and how's the  hierarchies?

I have found it easiest to just debug which keys the
component is trying. Though I believe that a more a priori
solution is on the wiki :)

Best wishes,
Timo

--