Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Satya Narayan1 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/17 05:17:22 UTC

spark-submit in mesos cluster mode --jars option not working

creating new thread for this.

Is anyone able to use --jars with spark-submit in mesos  cluster mode.
We have tried giving local file, hdfs file, file from http server , --jars
didnt work with any of the approach

Saw couple of similar open question with no answer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33978672/spark-mesos-cluster-mode-who-uploads-the-jar

 mesos cluster mode  with NO jar upload capability is very limiting.
wondering anyone has any solution to this.

Re: spark-submit in mesos cluster mode --jars option not working

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satya,

--jars doesn't work with local files in Mesos Cluster mode doesn't
upload or stage files automatically.

For now you need to put these files in a location that the Driver can access.

Tim