Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jyothsna Bavisetti <jy...@oracle.com> on 2019/11/04 19:07:09 UTC

RE: Lucene index upgrade from 4.6 to 8 facing issue

Hi All,

Please help me with below error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type NONE for field 'case.id' (expected one of [BINARY, SORTED]). Re-index with correct docvalues type.
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.checkField(DocValues.java:317)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocValues.getBinary(DocValues.java:352)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.join.DocValuesTermsCollector.lambda$binaryDocValues$0(DocValuesTermsCollector.java:48)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.join.DocValuesTermsCollector.doSetNextReader(DocValuesTermsCollector.java:44)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.SimpleCollector.getLeafCollector(SimpleCollector.java:33)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.join.GenericTermsCollector$2.getLeafCollector(GenericTermsCollector.java:128)

any pointers for this issue please let me know.

Thank you!

Thanks,
Jyothsna

Posted by Jyothsna Bavisetti <jy...@oracle.com>.

Hi All,

Could please share some points when to go with longBitset vs FixedBitSet.

I read below Points:

BitSet of fixed length (numBits), backed by accessible (getBits()) long[], accessed with a long index. Use it only if you intend to store more than 2.1B bits, otherwise you should use FixedBitSet.
NOTE: This API is for internal purposes only and might change in incompatible ways in the next release.

Thanks,
Jyothsna