Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Todd Glazier <mi...@galli-glazier.com> on 2000/06/02 18:16:29 UTC

use DBI () (and modules in same die) dies in startup.pl

Hey all! I'm having a really weird problem with mod_perl where is
dies loading modules from a certain dir in startup.pl

I'm running Red Hat Linux 6.2 with: Embedded Perl version 5.00503 for
Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) mod_perl/1.21

I set up a startup.pl file to pre-load the usual list of modules such
as  CGI and CGI:Carp. Everything works fine, and I can see the
modules loaded successfully in /perl-status . Hoever when I add

use DBI  ();

the server dies during start-up with no errors.

What I discovered which is weird is that if I try to load any module
from the same directory DBI.pm is in (e.g. MD5.pm),  which is
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux, the same thing happens.
myself load fine.

According to /perl-status, /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
is in @INC.

Can anyone recommend some troubleshooting procedures? Or is there
anyone who's had the same weird problem?

Thanks!

- mt
http://galli-glazier.com/

Re: use DBI () (and modules in same die) dies in startup.pl

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Michael Todd Glazier wrote:

> Hey all! I'm having a really weird problem with mod_perl where is
> dies loading modules from a certain dir in startup.pl
>
> I'm running Red Hat Linux 6.2 with: Embedded Perl version 5.00503 for
> Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) mod_perl/1.21

try mod_perl/1.24