Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/17 18:49:05 UTC

[VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

This is a vote to adopt the bylaws as they are stated here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>.

This is a procedural vote, so it is simple majority rules and there will be
no vetoes (as directed by the ASF here
<https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>).  PMC member votes are
binding, but other votes are welcome to show support.  If you are not a PMC
member, please indicate that your vote is non-binding.

Voting methodology is as follows:

[ ] +1 Adopt the bylaws as stated here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>.
[ ] -1 Do not adopt the bylaws as stated here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>
 because...

This vote will be held open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

17.08.2016, 11:49, "Casey Stella" <ce...@gmail.com>:
> This is a vote to adopt the bylaws as they are stated here
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>.
>
> This is a procedural vote, so it is simple majority rules and there will be
> no vetoes (as directed by the ASF here
> <https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>). PMC member votes are
> binding, but other votes are welcome to show support. If you are not a PMC
> member, please indicate that your vote is non-binding.
>
> Voting methodology is as follows:
>
> [ ] +1 Adopt the bylaws as stated here
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>.
> [ ] -1 Do not adopt the bylaws as stated here
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Metron+Bylaws>
> �because...
>
> This vote will be held open for 72 hours.

-------------------�
Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by Ryan Merriman <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by David Lyle <dl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Taylor,

Thanks for the input; it's always valuable. :)

We have discussed it a bit here and there.  Initially upon project creation
we did vote to prefer review then commit as opposed to the other way around
(discuss thread here
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-metron-dev/201512.mbox/%3CCAHfHakFfqmGkmbMdY7FZGYZGyKoNS2=zH8keWJQdyot+OFJ5ZA@mail.gmail.com%3E>,
vote thread here
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-metron-dev/201512.mbox/%3C13654E80-E14C-46B8-969C-45206C5AB0D6@hortonworks.com%3E>).
Most recently, we had some discussion surrounding the bylaws on this thread
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-metron-dev/201607.mbox/%3CCAPpQHK0-2My86z-DtXCshrZcqMt5kQP8SmB=MbrB6Lmfudx+Cg@mail.gmail.com%3E>.
Specifically, I'm linking the portion of the discussion around what is
different from Apache.

Re: [VOTE] Adopting Bylaws

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Casey,