Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/13 20:43:47 UTC

[Geronimo Wiki] Update of "FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by JacekLaskowski

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Geronimo Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JacekLaskowski:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The comment on the change is:
Some answers

   full compliance, use of proven Apache technologies, fast and reliable development, doesn't cost 100.000$ ;) etc.
  == Both Geronimo and Tomcat are created by apache, what is the difference between these projects? ==
   I don't know.
- == Why does geronimo exist? ==
+ == Why Geronimo exist ==
   The aim of the project is to produce a large and healthy community of J2EE developers tasked with the development of an open source, certified J2EE server, that is ASF licensed and passes Sun's TCK reusing the best ASF/BSD licensed code available today and adding new code to complete the J2EE stack
  == Can my company use Geronimo? Are there any restrictions? ==
   Please read the [http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html Apache license]
@@ -32, +32 @@

  == How to use Geronimo with the J2EE Tutorial version 1.4 from Sun Microsystems ==
     Visit the HowToTutorial link
  == How do I add additional services such as Tomcat/OpenEJB/OpenJMS etc. ==
+
+ The basic component of Geronimo is a GBean. Every service in Geronimo is a set of GBeans, be it Tomcat or OpenEJB. No OpenJMS GBeans exist.
+
  == What services does Geronimo come with built in ==
    Misleading at the moment I know. Any thoughts on what will be included
  eventually to provide Servlet/EJB/JMS/OtherAPIHere? And can we/are we
@@ -39, +42 @@

  == How can I implement Security constaints/roles/authorization ==
  == Are there any steps I need to do to make Geronimo more secure? ==
  == Akin to disable access to 8080 in Tomcat, but for Geronimo stuff ==
+
  == What kind of Management Console Geronimo will have ==
+
+ Currently Geronimo has a very rudimentary console that allows you to get familiar with deployed GBeans. See org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole in http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running#head-d04f6c597b07a27d544a57dcf772d70ded490750

  = App developer/deployer questions =

  == Are there any special config steps I'm likely to need, and how do I do them ? ==
   - Thinking CMP config, JMS config etc. here
+
+ See http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Deployment
+
  == I have an EAR file, how do I deploy it? ==

- See ["Deployment"]
+ See http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Deployment#head-5231c4dec658875a04e7d90b0a6214336f274627

  == What does the org/apache/geronimo/Demo demonstrate? ==
+
+ See http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running#head-d04f6c597b07a27d544a57dcf772d70ded490750
+
  == How can I embed Geronimo into a JUnit test? ==
+
+ See OpenEJB itests module - [http://docs.openejb.org/Creating+itests Creating itests]

  = Geronimo developer questions =