Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Poppe, Troy" <Tr...@eia.doe.gov> on 2005/09/07 21:42:21 UTC

Uberjar plugin, deploying...

I'm looking at the Uberjar plugin to create an executable jar file, plus the
requisite dependencies.  However, I don't see an option for deploying the uberjar
to a repository...

Is there a better way to do this?  Should I be using some other plugin to create
a 'distribution' (my artifact, plus all the dependencies that go with it)?

Thanks.

Troy

Re: Uberjar plugin, deploying...

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
Poppe, Troy wrote:

I'm looking at the Uberjar plugin to create an executable jar file,
... snip ...

Johnny R. Ruiz wrote:
> If I am not mistaken, there is an option to deploy an uberjar to a
> remote repository.   Try "maven uberjar:deploy" .  I haven't used this
> so please try and maybe you could post here if there is some required
> configuration to make this work.

"maven -P <pluginName>" will produce a list of the available plugin goals

and yes, when you invoke it you will see that it provides the standard install and deploy goals:

Goals in uberjar
================

[uberjar]                           Build a uberjar file
  classworlds-conf  ............... Generates a classworlds conf
  deploy  ......................... Deploys the uberjar to the remote repository

  deploy-snapshot  ................ Deploys the snapshot version of  the
                                    uberjar to remote repository
  install  ........................ Install the uberjar in the local repository
  install-snapshot  ............... Install the snapshot version of the uberjar
                                    in the local repository
  uberjar  ........................ Build an uberjar

Undocumented goals :

  uberjar:init

Best regards

Re: Uberjar plugin, deploying...