Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> on 2016/03/04 15:37:46 UTC

[lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy 0.5.0 RC 1

Hello,

Release candidate 1 for Apache Lucy version 0.5.0 can be
found at:

     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucy/apache-lucy-0.5.0-rc1/

See the CHANGES file at the top level of the archive for information
about the content of this release.

This candidate was assembled according to the process documented at:

     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide

It was cut using "git archive" from the tag at:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lucy-0.5.0-rc1

Please vote on releasing this candidate as Apache Lucy version
0.5.0.  The vote will be held open for at least the next 72
hours.

All interested parties are welcome to inspect the release candidate
and express approval or disapproval.  Votes from members of the Lucy
PMC are binding; the vote passes if there are at least three binding
+1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes.

For suggestions as to how to evaluate Apache Lucy release candidates,
and for information on ASF voting procedures, see:

     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification
     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleasePrep

I tested the release candidate under:

Ubuntu 15.04, x86, 32-bit
- Go bindings with stock Go 1.3.3
- Perl bindings with stock Perl 5.20.2
- C bindings with stock GCC 4.9.2

Windows 10, x64
- Perl bindings with Strawberry Perl 5.22.1.2, 32-bit
- C bindings with MSVC 10, 64-bit

[ ] +1 Release RC 1 as Apache Lucy 0.5.0.
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release RC 1 as Apache Lucy 0.5.0 because...

Here's my +1.

Thanks!

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE][RESULT] Apache Lucy 0.5.0 RC 1

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 04/03/2016 15:37, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
> All interested parties are welcome to inspect the release candidate
> and express approval or disapproval.  Votes from members of the Lucy
> PMC are binding; the vote passes if there are at least three binding
> +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes.

> [ ] +1 Release RC 1 as Apache Lucy 0.5.0.
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 Do not release RC 1 as Apache Lucy 0.5.0 because...

The vote fails with +1 votes from the following PMC members:

- Nick Wellnhofer

I'll create another RC addressing the issues that were mentioned.

Nick