Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by waseemfa <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 07:58:08 UTC

Re: NTLM Authentification

Have you tried setting the Implementation to "HttpClient4" in the HTTP
Request sampler?

-Waseem

Re: NTLM Authentification

Posted by Jitesh Thakur <th...@gmail.com>.
I am working on Microsoft CRM project and it works perfectly well with
Kerbros authentication. All you need to do is get appropriate information
on active directory users and domains and Http Authentication Manager. Rest
I know its not simple but I believe it should work.

Regards
Jitesh

On 27 March 2013 07:21, lgetwan [via JMeter] <
ml-node+s512774n5716505h94@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hello waseemfa,
>
> thanks for this hint. I'm afraid, you're right!
>
> Greetings,
> Lars
>
> ------------------------------
> below:
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/NTLM-Authentification-tp5716386p5716505.html
> .
> NAML<http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Warm Regards
Jitesh Thakur (PMP, ISEB, CSQA)
http://in.linkedin.com/in/jiteshthakur
M: 07943464906

Re: NTLM Authentification

Posted by Jitesh Thakur <th...@gmail.com>.
Also can you please check that at IIS server has authentication setup as
Negotiate or something else. If its Negotiate then it behaves as mentioned
below, its Negotiate which is set up on Microsoft CRM I a working on and
its using Kerberors Authentication. I am runing a big project with tens of
thousands of HTTP calls each getting authenticated without any issues.

***************************
Negotiate authentication automatically selects between the Kerberos
protocol and NTLM authentication, depending on availability. The Kerberos
protocol is used if it is available; otherwise, NTLM is tried. Kerberos
authentication significantly improves upon NTLM. Kerberos authentication is
both faster than NTLM and allows the use of mutual authentication and
delegation of credentials to remote machines.
***************************
Regards
Jitesh

RE: NTLM Authentification

Posted by waseemfa <fa...@gmail.com>.
I think your server runs only on Kerberos authentication and I am assuming
its a Sharepoint site(the newer version runs on kerberos).  Right now JMeter
does not support kerberos authentication.

RE: NTLM Authentification

Posted by Jitesh Thakur <th...@gmail.com>.
Negotiate by default use kerberos authentication and if that fails then turn
to NTLM. Your HTTP4 authentication should work please check your auth
manager parameters as:
  - Base URL: http://my.internal.site.com/
   - Username: my.name / my.name@my.company.com
   - Password: *******
   - Domain: DE
   - Realm: (empty)

Also please check if the domain where active directory is installed is the
same as the domain from where you are trying to access website. If that's
different then you have to use different approach to get past
authentication.

Jitesh