Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/26 20:49:51 UTC

CMIS URL scheme

Hello,

I asked the question about existence of URL scheme on stackoverflow.

It seems that the url scheme is repository specific.

SO, how do I proceed now?
Do I define my own scheme?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17273987/how-to-split-a-cmis-url-into-repository-path-and-path-with-respect-to-repository?answertab=votes#tab-top

Please reply. Its important for processing the XContentIdentifier to obtain
a connection to the repository.

--
Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics,

Re: CMIS URL scheme

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Rajath Shashidhara
<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What I came to know is that there is nothing called url for a file on cmis
> repository. Although, oasis standard requires to have some primary patterns
> which was given in what Dennis sent me.
>
> A file on a cmis repository is identified by the repo endpoint address and
> path on the repo separately. So,
> I will define my own scheme this way.
> cmis://<server-path>/<repo-id>/path=<path-of-object-relative-to-root-of-repo>.
> cmiss://<server-path>/<repo-id>/path=<path-of-object-relative-to-root-of-repo>
>
> cmiss://<server-path>/<repoid>/objectid=<objectid>
> cmis://<server-path>/<repoid>/objectid=<objectid>
>
> I'll try to find out more on this.

The CMIS technical committee at OASIS has a comment mailing list:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=cmis

They might have some ideas, perhaps an approach they are looking at in
future CMIS versions.

-Rob

Re: CMIS URL scheme

Posted by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com>.