Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2007/09/14 17:11:50 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

The Struts 2.0.10 test build is now available.

Release notes:

    * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-2010.html

    * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/

Maven 2 staging repository:

    * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/m2-staging-repository/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with a vote
on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are
considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and
more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request. A vote can
be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality of the release based
on future experience. If an initial vote designates the build as "Beta", the
release will be submitted for mirroring and announced to the user list. Once
released as a public beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the
user list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding vote not only
states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing to help do the work.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Pedro Herrera <pe...@hotmail.com>.
It´s a good idea to update the release of DWR(1.1-beta3 to 2.1) and
OGNL(2.6.11 to 2.7) . isn´t ?

Thanks !!!!

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Pedro Herrera <pe...@hotmail.com>.
[X] General Availability (GA)

Herrera

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
[X] General Availability (GA)

Cheers,

Phil

On 9/14/07, James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> wrote:
> The Struts 2.0.10 test build is now available.
>
> Release notes:
>
>     * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-2010.html

>     * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/
>
> Maven 2 staging repository:
>
>     * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/m2-staging-repository/
>
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with a vote
> on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)
>
> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are
> considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and
> more +1s than -1s.
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request. A vote can
> be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality of the release based
> on future experience. If an initial vote designates the build as "Beta", the
> release will be submitted for mirroring and announced to the user list. Once
> released as a public beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the
> user list.
>
> As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding vote not only
> states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing to help do the work.

Software Architect - Hydrodesk
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/14, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>:
> ( one chmod o+r * later)
>
> OK, try it now.

Ok thank you Ted!

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
( one chmod o+r * later)

OK, try it now.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/14, James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>:
>     * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/

I cannot download the distribution:
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.10/struts-2.0.10-all.zip
It gives me a 403 :-O

Antonio

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
All tests pass in AppFuse!

[X] General Availability (GA)

non-binding

Matt

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/14, James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>:
> [X] Alpha

+1 to Alpha with the following note:
The "org.apache.struts2.components.Component.determineActionURL"
protected method has changed, with no deprecation of the old
signature. This problem was noted by Piero Sartini.

Antonio

P.S.: I don't know if my vote is binding or not...

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
> Piero: it seems that we agreed on the fact that the change should add
> a deprecation: can you open a JIRA issue for this?
> Eventually you can provide the patch, so your name will appear in the
> SVN log :-)

I created a JIRA entry with attached patch:

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/17, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>:
> Am Montag 17 September 2007 09:28:15 schrieb Antonio Petrelli:
> > > Anyway, since 2.0.10 fixes a security issue: Would it be good to have a
> > > method in Component.java that is compatible with 2.0.9? Maybe tagged
> > > as @Deprecated?
> >
> > Good question: it depends on how the method is used: in the core I see it
> > used only in URL component.
>
> Thanks for changing the release note. In my oppinion an incompatible API
> change like this should not happen between 2.0.x releases.
> From the javadoc: "This class is a good extension point when building
> reuseable UI components."
>
> Plugin developers would be forced to come up with 2 versions of their plugins:
> pre-2.0.10 and post-2.0.10
>
> But I am not a struts developer, so this is just my feeling ;-)

Piero: it seems that we agreed on the fact that the change should add
a deprecation: can you open a JIRA issue for this?
Eventually you can provide the patch, so your name will appear in the
SVN log :-)

Ciao
Antonio

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Am Montag 17 September 2007 09:28:15 schrieb Antonio Petrelli:
> > Anyway, since 2.0.10 fixes a security issue: Would it be good to have a
> > method in Component.java that is compatible with 2.0.9? Maybe tagged
> > as @Deprecated?
>
> Good question: it depends on how the method is used: in the core I see it
> used only in URL component.

Thanks for changing the release note. In my oppinion an incompatible API
change like this should not happen between 2.0.x releases.
From the javadoc: "This class is a good extension point when building

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/17, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>:

> After looking at the code the problem is within Component.java.
>
> The determineActionURL method has 2 new parameters which were not present
> in
> 2.0.9 and are passed to UrlHelper.java:
> boolean forceAddSchemeHostAndPort, boolean escapeAmp

It seems like an API change. For the moment I added a line to the release
notes:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Release+Notes+2.0.10

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 9/17/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am -1 to retagging, since the JAR already went out to the public, and it
> will be a mess for the support. As Wendy (Smoak) said, what happens when
> someone asks support for 2.0.10? "Which 2.0.10 have you got?"

It would be just as easy to go onto 2.0.11. But, in any event, nothing
different is happening unless someone looks into a patch. I'll be
offline the rest of the day, but I'll checkin tonight, in case we want
to roll another 2.0.10 or 2.0.11.

-Ted.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.0.10 Quality

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
tabletags are broken with 2.0.10.
org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean seems to be missing the
UIBean.determineActionURL() method.

Don't know if this is an issue. Are these components supposed to be stable in
2.0.x?

Stacktrace:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.googlecode.tabletags.components.AbstractURLComponent.determineActionURL(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/String;ZZ)Ljava/lang/String;
        at
com.googlecode.tabletags.components.AbstractURLComponent.evaluateExtraParams(AbstractURLComponent.java:48)
        at
com.googlecode.tabletags.components.Table.evaluateExtraParams(Table.java:60)
        at
org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.evaluateParams(UIBean.java:780)