Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Amit Nijhawan <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/26 04:44:17 UTC

Camel Dozer class nested field mapping issue

Hi,

0
<https://stackoverflow.com/posts/73473054/timeline>

I have a mapping below :

I am using the task model class in EmployeeTaskEx class, so able to convert
field from au.com.EmployeeTaskEx to com.software.EmployeeTaskEx, but if you
see another mapping like nested so getting null value for
com.Software.Task. Any idea how can I proceed further?

    <mapping map-null="false" type="one-way">
            <class-a>au.com.EmployeeTaskEx</class-a>
            <class-b>com.software.EmployeeTaskEx</class-b>

        </mapping>

<mapping  map-null="false" type="one-way">
        <class-a>au.com.data.Task</class-a>
        <class-b>com.Software.Task</class-b>

Getting below error: java.lang.NullPointerException:Cannot invoke
"com.com.Software.Task.getID()" because the return value of
"com.software.EmployeeTaskEx.getTask()" is null

Regards,

Amit

Re: Camel Dozer class nested field mapping issue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
its more of a general dozer question - dozer is not so active maintained so
maybe its not possible, and then you can reach out to them to ask for help
/ or how to enhance dozer.

--
Claus Ibsen