Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ricardo Coutinho <rc...@odyssey-group.com> on 2003/07/30 17:37:19 UTC

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Premature end of file.: nu ll:-1:-1:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file

Hi all

Env:	Tomcat : 4.01
 	Cocoon : 2.1m2
	OS: W2k
	Jdk: 1.4.2

I am at the beginning of an attempt to port a cocoon implementation from
websphere to tomcat. When trying to access a page I am getting the following
error on the screen and :

---------
Internal Server Error
Message: Premature end of file.
pipeline.: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Premature end of file.:
null:-1:-1:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
Request URI
activity/cdm/search/all/Search
column
-1
line
-1
cause
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
location
null
request-uri
/wui/activity/cdm/search/all/Search

...plus a large stack trace

---------

Unfortunately I no other information as to what the problem is, log file or
otherwise.

I did not kid myself in thinking that it would be a simple portage.... :)

Ricardo Coutinho
* This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
* Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material
within
this email is strictly forbidden.
* Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Asset Management
Systems SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
* An electronic message is not binding on its sender.  Any message referring
* If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately
and delete the original.

Re: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Premature end of file.: nu ll:-1:-1:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ricardo Coutinho wrote:
> I am at the beginning of an attempt to port a cocoon implementation from
> websphere to tomcat. When trying to access a page I am getting the following
> error on the screen and :
> Message: Premature end of file.
> Request URI
> activity/cdm/search/all/Search

Search the pipeline which was matched for this URI and post it.
As a first rough guess, I'd say the XML source has a syntax problem
which slipped through in the WebSphere parser (which WS version did
you use?), perhaps the XML declaration, a PI or comment or the DOCTYPE
decl was not properly closed. Check for stuff like <?xml version="1.0'?>
(different quotes) and the like. It could also be an encoding problem.

J.Pietschmann