Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by kurtt <ku...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/25 23:01:05 UTC

Problem adding accounts with existing roles

Hi,

I have the standard spring web setup, and I'm using a properties realm,
where I already define some roles and their permissions.

Now I need to dynamically add user accounts with their roles. And
those roles are already defined in my realm.

Example of properties realm file:

role.role1=add.user
role.role2=delete.user

No users initially in the realm.
I'm adding user jdoe with role1

I log in with jdoe.

But SecurityUtils.getSubject().isPermitted("add.user") always returns false.

I know this is a rather bizarre setup. Problem is that the users will
authenticate
against another system, and receive their roles from that system. Afterwards
I want to add those users in my realm, so I can make the link between the
roles
and the permissions.

Re: Problem adding accounts with existing roles

Posted by kurtt <ku...@gmail.com>.
Already solved it.
Had to implement my own RolePermissionResolver.

Strange that this isn't supported out of the box.