Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/08/19 04:24:29 UTC

Suggestions Request: OFBiz Business Process Reference Book/Guide

Hello Devs,

This is something where I wanted to request your suggestions. I am planning
to rename and restructure the documentation on OFBiz Wiki page- Business
Process Stories and Use Cases Library
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/1gm8Ag>.

The idea will still be the same i.e. to help OFBiz Evaluators. All the
people who are more interested in written content to prove the
implementation. Provide a robust process documentation that supports
decision-makers to choose OFBiz over any other proprietary software. To
help them take this content to a wider audience who take the decision for
choosing a business automation software.

I am planning to rename this page to: "*OFBiz Business Process Reference
Book*".
Then review and overhaul the overall content on this page to clarify the
purpose of all the documents in this tree(Directory).

Now restructure the child pages with new names with business significance
i.e. the process names that industry people refer e.g. CRM, Product
Information Management(PIM), Procurement, Fulfilment etc.

Now every module page will have two child pages so the structure would be
changed like this-

- Catalog Management
-- Product Information Management (PIM)
--- PIM Process Overview (Content: Process Overview, Business Purpose,
Level-1,2, and 3 Activity Diagrams as applicable to demonstrate the process
flow)
--- PIM User Stories, Use Cases and Test Cases (Content: Review, refine and
add missing user stories, use cases, and test cases)
-- Merchandising
--- Merchandising Process Overview (Content: Process Overview, Business
Purpose, Level-1,2, and 3 Activity Diagrams as applicable to demonstrate
the process flow)
--- Merchandising User Stories, Use Cases and Test Cases
-- Store Management
--- Store Management Process Overview
--- Store Management User Stories, Use Cases and Test Cases

I am planning to create a JIRA ticket with these details and would like to
start from there with sub tasks. This way we'll be able to collaborate in
this effort.

How does that all sound to you? Please let me know your thoughts, feedback,
and improvement suggestions for the mentioned effort.

Kind regards,
Pranay Pandey

Re: Suggestions Request: OFBiz Business Process Reference Book/Guide

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1, thank you for the initiative

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I just can say: +1

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Pranay,

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I like the idea very much, big +1

Thanks and Regards
--
Akash Jain

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Good Idea. It's a big +1 from my side.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Big +1 for the idea, great initiative.

- Thanks & Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

Posted by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks for the initiative Pranay: +1

I am looking forward into it.

Vaibhav Jain
Hotwax Systems,
vaibhav.jain@hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Great idea Pranay! (and big +1)

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1.

Looking forward to it.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Khurana | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer

Posted by Sanjay Yadav <sa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Very nice initiative, Pranay. It will be very helpful and manageable for
users. Thanks!

Best Regards,

*Sanjay Yadav *
Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
HotWax Systems

Posted by Renuka Srishti <re...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 for the idea and I would like to work for this effort.

Thanks

--
Renuka Srishti

Re: Suggestions Request: OFBiz Business Process Reference Book/Guide

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks everyone for supporting the idea.

Here is the JIRA Ticket for tracking and collaborating-  OFBIZ-9596
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9596>

Best regards,
Pranay Pandey

Posted by innate Genius <in...@gmail.com>.