Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jens Reufsteck <je...@staufenbiel.de> on 2011/11/21 13:44:47 UTC

Tynamo: Store additional user data during authentication

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, though I couldn’t find anything
about it.

I’ve just started to use Tapestry security instead of our own light weigth
authentication system. Works fine so far – thanks to the developers!

Now, I want to display the real name for logged in users. It’s not the same
as their login or username, so I can’t get it with
securityService.getSubject().getPrincipal().

I’d expect to store it in the session – and I’m wondering, how to accomplish
this during authentication.

As recommended, I’m contributing an implementation of a realm. Probably, I
could inject the Session into the realm, store the user name into the
session and hope, that getSubject().getSession() will afterwards retrieve
exactly this session. Isn’t there a more elegant solution?

We’re using Tapestry 5.1.0.5 with Tapestry security 0.2.2.

Many thanks

Jens

--
Jens Reufsteck
Marketing & Online Director

Staufenbiel Institut GmbH
Events & Recruiting Solutions

Wildunger Straße 6, 60487 Frankfurt am Main
 <http://www.staufenbiel.de/> www.staufenbiel.de
<http://www.mba-master.de/> www.mba-master.de
<http://www.absolventenkongress.de/> www.absolventenkongress.de

Tel.:    +49 (0)69 25537-140
Mobil: +49 (0)151 40262450
Fax:    +49 (0)69 25537-2140

Nur noch wenige Plätze auf dem Absolventenkongress am 30.11./01.12. in Köln
–
<http://www.staufenbiel.de/service/fuer-arbeitgeber/events-recruiting-soluti
ons.html#c1021> Jetzt schnell buchen!

Staufenbiel GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Judith Oppitz, Birgit Giesen, Graham Storey, Martin
Halliday
Amtsgericht Köln HRB 9301

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Staufenbiel Institut
GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Staufenbiel Institut GmbH unless otherwise
specifically stated.