Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/05/05 21:34:53 UTC

Re: progress in Nexus / Pom updates

I think that the uimaj part is now done (at least I don't know of more
bugs).

The latest round was to get the distr and eclipse update site stuff working.

The felix-bundle builds were altered to run the goal "manifest", which
only produces the manifest.  The packaging type was changed to "jar",
and the normal Apache jar release stuff which copies in the required
license and notice headers, now works.

I also adopted the osgiVersion approach to naming the Eclipse plugins,
while keeping the maven versions using the standard Maven conventions.
We'll know if that's the right approach eventually, when we try out the
release plugin :-).

Most of the inter-project dependencies are now eliminated - this means
you should be able to check out one project, and do mvn install and it
should build :-).

Exceptions are the aggregating projects - because their <module>
elements refer to the modules by relative path, and the -distr projects,
because they find the things being distributed using relative paths.

Next is uima-as - I'll work on a branch, again, for this.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
uima-as now converted to new build (in branch).

Now on to the sandbox. -Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Another small gotcha - I found that running maven 2.2.1 on one of the
new docbooks, like uima-docbook-overview-and-setup, runs a couple of
maven-site-plugin things as part of the build, which are not called for.

This strange behavior is not present in Maven 3 beta-1.

So I recommend switching to that :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.