Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan Ekesparr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 13:56:26 UTC

Installing the pom.xml from inside an artifact using maven-install-plugin ?

Is there any way of installing the pom.xml file from inside an existing
artifact using the maven-install-plugin ?

Currently when we have an artifact created in a maven build the artifact
includes the pom.xml file. Using the goal install:install-file we can
install the arrtifact(jar-file) and the install plugin will read the
pom.xml insiden the artifact to get the groupId and name of the artifact
during the installation.
We would like the installer to also be able to extract and install the
pom.xml file from the artifact at the same time. I find it odd that it's
not done during the installation of the artifact since it's already reading
the pom.xml the logical step from my point of view is to also install it.

Currently I'm forced to create a small ant-script to extract the pom.xml
file and install it separatly.

So is it possible to do this with the current tool that I have missed or
could someone suggest a way to get this into the suggested improvment list
for the project ?

/J

Re: Installing the pom.xml from inside an artifact using maven-install-plugin ?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

this is supported since version 2.5.
Read