Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Robert Edgar <ro...@eeplace.com> on 2001/11/19 11:34:23 UTC

Visibility of macro with local scope

If I set velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope=true then define
an in line macro and call it as part of a set variable directive with double
quotes velocity fails to parse the macro.

ie
#set($panelC = "#PanelC($lcid)" where #PanelC is an in line macro should
give the results of the macro but instead the variable panelC is set to the
text #PanelC not the parsed result...

I am misunderstanding something...

Rob

Re: Visibility of macro with local scope

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 11/19/01 5:34 AM, "Robert Edgar" <ro...@eeplace.com> wrote:

> If I set velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope=true then define
> an in line macro and call it as part of a set variable directive with double
> quotes velocity fails to parse the macro.
>
> ie
> #set($panelC = "#PanelC($lcid)" where #PanelC is an in line macro should
> give the results of the macro but instead the variable panelC is set to the
> text #PanelC not the parsed result...
>

> I am misunderstanding something...

No, you are right.

It's a bug.  I understand why.  Will fix.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting