Posted to builds@apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 21:32:54 UTC

Want to auto-build hive when patches attached to Jira

Hello,

I have commit on hive. Hadoop (our upstream project) currently has a
feature where patches for hadoop jira get automatically built against
trunk. This would be very helpful for us to have. Also our build
process takes a very long time, (multiple hours). I am wondering what
are our options for a build farm. If we find sponsorship can we have
it at Apache? Or should we do this elsewhere?

Thank you,
Edward

Re: Want to auto-build hive when patches attached to Jira

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have commit on hive. Hadoop (our upstream project) currently has a
> feature where patches for hadoop jira get automatically built against
> trunk. This would be very helpful for us to have.

Hadoop uses some custom script for this functionality. Not sure how
generic it is, but it can probably be adapted for your purposes.

> Also our build
> process takes a very long time, (multiple hours). I am wondering what
> are our options for a build farm. If we find sponsorship can we have
> it at Apache? Or should we do this elsewhere?

For such long builds, dedicated build slaves are strongly preferred.
If you can get a server to use, we can hook it up to Jenkins as a
slave.

/niklas