Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lee Hoffner <lh...@megapathdsl.net> on 2004/09/16 21:12:03 UTC

Tomcat fine within the LAN, but invisible from without

Hi,

I've untarred and setup Tomcat 4.1.30 on my server and can get to index.jsp
just fine on my web server's 192.168.x.x:8080 address, but I get a timeout
error if I try to browse to www.mydomain.com:8080.

What have I missed? Thanks!

Re: Tomcat fine within the LAN, but invisible from without

Posted by Big Chiz <bi...@gmail.com>.
you can also add www.mydomain.com to your hosts file to test accessing
the web server within your lan, if that failed check your dns or if it
resolves to a public ip then check your fw

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.