Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by yusuke <yu...@arclamp.jp> on 2004/12/06 19:46:20 UTC

Geronimo is Application Server ?

I think Geornimo is not just "J2EE Application Server".

Geronimo provide "GBeans architecture" and some functions.
So, many J2EE services provided by open source components.
(OpenEJB, Jetty or other)
And Geronimo manage these services by GBean like MBean in JMX.

I call Geronimo as "platform for J2EE service" or
"container for J2EE server".
But it's too simple for explain to people.

Any one hit on nice short description for Geronimo ?

Thanks,
Yusuke

Re: Geronimo is Application Server ?

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Geronimo is a J2EE applications Sever .. build on top of GBeans!

" I am use to say it is a operating System for Enterprise Services
where the sytem calls are at the GBeans level ;) .. you got all
componets that are in a OS .. in a another level of abstraction"