Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/12/27 21:47:15 UTC

FYI: Wiki performance.

the Wiki is very slow these days, it is NOT because of spam attack, but
actually something positive.

We have loads of users, seeking all kind of  information, according to the
access log.

Does anyone have access to our google analytics, I would like to know (if
possible) on day by day basis 24/dec - end dec, how many unique hits the
wiki have had.

I am analyzing the VM, httpd, mysql and ATS (of course with infra) to see
how we get it to perform better.

thx in advance for your patience.
jan I.

Re: FYI: Wiki performance.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 12/27/2012 01:06 PM, janI wrote:
> Thx for your ideas, that is always welcome !
>
> daniel and gavin are also helping...
>
> thx for your kinds words, it is quite a tough start for me as infra
> volunteer :-)
>
> have a nice day
> Jan I.

Yes, you've had quite the trial by fire I would say! Good thing you've
got that asbestos suit on! :)

Thanks for all your GREAT work and that of *all* the wiki firefighting
helpers!

> On 27 December 2012 21:59, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi JanI,
>>
>> Thanks for your work here!
>>
>> On Dec 27, 2012, at 12:47 PM, janI wrote:
>>
>>> the Wiki is very slow these days, it is NOT because of spam attack, but
>>> actually something positive.
>>>
>>> We have loads of users, seeking all kind of  information, according to
>> the
>>> access log.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have access to our google analytics, I would like to know (if
>>> possible) on day by day basis 24/dec - end dec, how many unique hits the
>>> wiki have had.
>>>
>>> I am analyzing the VM, httpd, mysql and ATS (of course with infra) to see
>>> how we get it to perform better.
>>
>> I would focus on IO bandwidth in the VM and memory. Is memcached being
>> used?
>>
>> Would it make sense to move mysql onto its own VM?
>>
>> I can't give detailed help, I manage people who manage LAMP stacks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> thx in advance for your patience.
>>> jan I.

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                  -- Aesop

Re: FYI: Wiki performance.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: FYI: Wiki performance.