Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/18 00:45:51 UTC

Customizer UI

Hi Dev List,

I've looked at the dojo widgets and I think the TitlePane would be a good
way for users to distinguish nested layouts from one another (at least in
the /portal/ context). A TitlePane that hides all the content of each layout
including portlets, nested layouts, and the Layout Configuration tool.

The + (add portlet icon) should be moved to the Layout Configuration tool.

Remove completely the Jetspeed Customizer box.

Change the name Page Configuration to Jetspeed Page Customizer. And move it
to the top because it only appears once. It could have it's own TitlePane so
that users can close it while working with the portlets and layouts. The
interest in doing so being to save vertical space.

And add a Add Folder input and button to the Jetspeed Page Customizer so
users can add Folders similar to adding pages.

In addition there is a bug with nested layouts. Nested layouts can only be
added using the simple theme. And adding a portlet using the nested layout
adds the portlet to the top level layout. This may be a problem with
selector.psml and company. But I couldn't build today.

It fails in the seed data task.

populate-seed-data:
     [echo] called seed data with directory
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/sql/j2-seed.xml to
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/data/j2-
seed.xml
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/classes
     [copy] Copying 7 files to
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/classes
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly
     [echo] Running Jetspeed Seed Importer with -b
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly//boot/
-c
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly//
     [copy] Copying 11 files to
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly/boot
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/target/seed/assembly/boot

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:297: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:302: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:483:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.maven.usability.MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error executing ant
tasks
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error executing
ant tasks
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(
AbstractAntMojo.java:114)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java
:83)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:297: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:302: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/phil/liveaxis/src/spoton/portals-jetspeed-2/etc/build.xml:483:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.maven.usability.MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser

Any clues? Something to do with dependencies and maven. What a surprise!

        <!-- construct serializer component classpath -->
        <dependencies filesetId="serializer-id" useScope="test">
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-api"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-commons"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-components"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-cm"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-rdbms"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
                <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                            artifactId="jetspeed-capability"
                            version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version
}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-security"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-serializer"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid}"
                        artifactId="jetspeed-profiler"
                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version}"/>
            <dependency groupId="portlet-api"
                                artifactId="portlet-api"
                                version="${portlet-api.version}"/>

            <dependency groupId="tyrex"
                        artifactId="tyrex"
                        version="1.0.1"/>
        </dependencies>

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Well, my local version of OJB 1.0.3 has a very simple POM:

<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>ojb</groupId>
   <artifactId>db-ojb</artifactId>
   <version>1.0.3</version>

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <artifactId>commons-dbcp</artifactId>
       <groupId>commons-dbcp</groupId>
       <version>1.2.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
       <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
       <version>1.7.0</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
       <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
       <version>3.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
       <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
       <version>2.0</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
       <version>1.0.4</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <artifactId>commons-pool</artifactId>
       <groupId>commons-pool</groupId>
       <version>1.2</version>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
</project>

Now the 1.0.4 POM has all the deps you found.
Jetspeed is on 1.0.4, not 1.0.3, so I don't know why we are getting
these errors now

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 1/19/07, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>> I don't know man, i've about had it with this m...
>> OK, I'll edit the POM and put it up on my repo
>> Thanks for digging into that one
>
> Maven's problem is that no one ever deletes their repository. Because
> is is such a pain in the ass to rebuild.
>
> There are two maintenance problems. The remote repository as you know
> very well and the local repository. I think maven is a good build
> platform. It's not better than ant but rather more efficient with
> multiproject build managment and documentation and reporting.

I updated both Maven-1 and Maven-2 remote repositories recently (Maven-2
just this morning). I try to keep them up-to-date.
Personally, I don't like having two builds. Its too much work for me to
keep both builds working. If we had a committer who was dedicated to
each build, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

> Ant was perfect we just stored all the necessary jars in the source
> repository.
>
> I propose that we just do this again and instruct users to build
> offline. But the first task is to reduce the size of the repository.
> I'm going to take this task on.
>
> It's not as if maven is saving bandwidth. Checking out the source with
> dependencies and building using a remote repository results in the
> same bandwidth use. Storing the jars in svn reduces the maintenance
> work associated with remote repositories.

Ant is fine. Whatever the community likes best.
At this point I am tired of arguing the benefits of Maven.
Gawd knows I've tried hard to convince people to like Maven, but it has
been a losing battle.

After the 2.1 release, I would like to see Jetspeed move towards tighter
integration with WTP, and achieving custom build tasks via the GUI as
well as the command line.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

On 1/19/07, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> I don't know man, i've about had it with this m...
> OK, I'll edit the POM and put it up on my repo
> Thanks for digging into that one

Maven's problem is that no one ever deletes their repository. Because
is is such a pain in the ass to rebuild.

There are two maintenance problems. The remote repository as you know
very well and the local repository. I think maven is a good build
platform. It's not better than ant but rather more efficient with
multiproject build managment and documentation and reporting.

Ant was perfect we just stored all the necessary jars in the source repository.

I propose that we just do this again and instruct users to build
offline. But the first task is to reduce the size of the repository.
I'm going to take this task on.

It's not as if maven is saving bandwidth. Checking out the source with
dependencies and building using a remote repository results in the
same bandwidth use. Storing the jars in svn reduces the maintenance
work associated with remote repositories.

Philip

> Mikko Wuokko wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I tracked this a bit, and it went down from spring-modules-0.6 which has
> > a dependency on db-ojb-1.0.4 which eventually has the wrong dependencies.
> >
> > See issues i've posted
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-487
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-480
> >
> > The geronino-spec problem was solved an eventually the others too in the
> > next release I think. But for a workaround you could comment out the
> > wrong dependencies from the $M2_REPO/ojb/db-ojb/1.0.4/db-ojb-1.0.4.pom
> > file. They are not really needed.
> >
> > I commented jdo, jdori, hsqldb and xalan which removed the errors (and
> > haven't seen any other errors too).
> >
> > -Mikko
> >
> > David Sean Taylor wrote:

> >> Jetspeed does not have any dependencies on JDO.
> >> This must be a case of a bad POM, or lack of any POM.

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi>.
Hi.

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: it fails in the seed data

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.
I replaced my repository with David's and it looks like David's is
missing some things. Running Maven 2 in offline mode:

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.derby:derby:jar:10.1.1.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.derby
-DartifactId=derby \
          -Dversion=10.1.1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:etc:pom:2.1-dev
        2) org.apache.derby:derby:jar:10.1.1.0

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:etc:pom:2.1-dev

Running in online mode, it complains about 4 missing artifacts:

INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) xalan:xalan:jar:2.4

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=xalan -DartifactId=xalan \
          -Dversion=2.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-portal-site:jar:2.1-dev
        2) org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-cm:jar:2.1-dev
        3) org.springmodules:spring-modules-ojb:jar:0.6
        4) ojb:db-ojb:jar:1.0.4
        5) xalan:xalan:jar:2.4

2) jdo:jdori:jar:1.0.1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jdo -DartifactId=jdori \
          -Dversion=1.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-portal-site:jar:2.1-dev
        2) org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-cm:jar:2.1-dev
        3) org.springmodules:spring-modules-ojb:jar:0.6
        4) ojb:db-ojb:jar:1.0.4
        5) jdo:jdori:jar:1.0.1

3) hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=hsqldb -DartifactId=hsqldb \
          -Dversion=1.8.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-portal-site:jar:2.1-dev
        2) org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-cm:jar:2.1-dev
        3) org.springmodules:spring-modules-ojb:jar:0.6
        4) ojb:db-ojb:jar:1.0.4
        5) hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0

4) jdo:jdo:jar:1.0.1

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr012/index2.html

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jdo -DartifactId=jdo \
          -Dversion=1.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-portal-site:jar:2.1-dev
        2) org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2:jetspeed-cm:jar:2.1-dev
        3) org.springmodules:spring-modules-ojb:jar:0.6
        4) ojb:db-ojb:jar:1.0.4
        5) jdo:jdo:jar:1.0.1

----------
4 required artifacts are missing.

To get around this I copied my old repository over the one that David
provided, and I'm back to the mockrunner error in my custom Portal.
mockrunner-0.2.7.pom does not appear to be downloaded (I can't find it
on my filesystem):

[echo]
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
Downloading: mockrunner/mockrunner/0.2.7/mockrunner-0.2.7.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:297: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:302: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:489:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.maven.usability.MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser

Mick Timony

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
>> I made some build changes and there are issues with cyclic
>> dependencies. My problem (the reason for this thread) originated in
>> the etc module (etc/pom.xml). It does not declare dependencies and
>> rightly so. Declaring the dependencies creates the nasty build error.
>>
>> ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference
>>
>> I realize that transient dependencies are the reason for duplicate
>> jars with different minor numbers.
>>
>> So having a Maven 2 repository download will probably fatter that
>> anticipated.
>>
> Im looking at 150 MB. I just started uploading it to here:
>
> http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2/repository.zip

On second thought, let me rename my repo and just download the required
jars. That should cut down the size (hopefully). Aborting the download
for now...

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: it fails in the seed data

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi, This wasn't the only issue.

On 1/18/07, Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've resolved this, yet another maven dependency problem.
>
> I built the jetspeed cm separately,
>
> cd components/cm
> mvn
>
> Which resolved all the dependencies required by etc/build.xml line 483.
>
> Perhaps the Serialization is being done before the required
> dependencies are built.
>
> I usually delete my maven 2 repository before building to see if there
> are dependency problems with the build.
>
> Philip

The maven repositories are missing the jdo jars (this may be a license issue).

And the build is looking for xalan 2.4 and hsqldb 1.8.0.2 which are
also missing.

Aside from that aligning dependencies wouldn't hurt. There are
multiple duplicates of minor versions which could perhapse be
elimiated. For example,

/home/phil/.m2/repository/ant/ant:
1.6.2
1.6.5

/home/phil/.m2/repository/avalon-framework/avalon-framework:
4.1.3
4.1.4

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils:
1.6
1.7.0

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-collections/commons-collections:
2.0
2.1
3.0
3.1

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-digester/commons-digester:
1.5
1.6
1.7

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging:
1.0
1.0.3
1.0.4
1.1

/home/phil/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/maven:
2.0
2.0.1
2.0.2
2.0.3

/home/phil/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils:
1.0.4  1.0.5  1.1  1.2

/home/phil/.m2/repository/oro/oro:
2.0.7  2.0.8

/home/phil/.m2/repository/xerces/xerces:
2.0.2  2.2.1  2.4.0

/home/phil/.m2/repository/xerces/xercesImpl:
2.0.2  2.2.1  2.3.0  2.4.0  2.6.2  2.7.1

I'm am being old school but I propose that we provide a maven 2
repository download. So that the build can be effectively run offline.
I don't know what people think but if you strip out the jetspeed stuff
the repository its 51M. If we eliminate the duplicates it would be
around 25M.

Comparing downloading 25M with all the wasted maven builds that end in
FAILURE and we will be still be positive and respectful of bandwidth.

Philip

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: it fails in the seed data

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> David,
>
> On 1/18/07, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>> Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
>> > It fails in the seed data task.
>> >
>> [snip]
>> I've seen this error before, but can't place it.
>> Could you try
>>
>> cd $JETSPEED_HOME
>> svn update
>> cd maven-archetypes
>> mvn clean
>> mvn
>> cd ..
>> mvn -P tomcat (or whatever you run normally)
>
> Same problem. No difference. Supid question: how does the ant script
> resolve a <dependencies> tag?

I dont know the details of exactly how it works, but the
maven-antrun-plugin makes that possible

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: it fails in the seed data

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: Customizer UI

Posted by Steve Milek <s....@comcast.net>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:

> Also, we have not agreed upon using Dojo in the /portal customizer,
> currently its all non-dojo customization. I would like to propose that
> we replace the default customizer in /portal mode with the same
> customizer that is used in /desktop mode.
>
> Steve, do you think this is possible?

The plan has been for the new /desktop customizer to also function as the
default /portal customizer. Once the /desktop customizer is mature enough we
plan to make the switch.

> I've looked at the dojo widgets and I think the TitlePane would be a good
> way for users to distinguish nested layouts from one another (at least in
> the /portal/ context). A TitlePane that hides all the content of each
> layout
> including portlets, nested layouts, and the Layout Configuration tool.
>
> The + (add portlet icon) should be moved to the Layout Configuration tool.

In /desktop customizer, the add portlet button (+) is supposed to be in each
layout pane. This just hasn't happened yet...

and I also like the idea of having a way to hide the children of a layout
fragment.

Steve

> > In addition there is a bug with nested layouts. Nested layouts can only
be
> > added using the simple theme. And adding a portlet using the nested
layout
> > adds the portlet to the top level layout. This may be a problem with
> > selector.psml and company. But I couldn't build today.
> >
> Just for clarification, are you talking about a bug in the /desktop
> customizer or /portal customizer?

This bug is in the /portal customizer.

The /desktop customizer doesn't have the button to add nested layouts.
Nested layouts (psml edited manually) display correctly in /desktop
view page mode. But in edit page mode the nested layout customizer
does not present itself.

Philip

> Also, we have not agreed upon using Dojo in the /portal customizer,
> currently its all non-dojo customization. I would like to propose that
> we replace the default customizer in /portal mode with the same
> customizer that is used in /desktop mode.
>
> Steve, do you think this is possible?
>

> (Lets keep the emails to one subject. I'll respond on the build error on
> a separate thread.)

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Customizer UI

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
David,

On 1/18/07, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > In addition there is a bug with nested layouts. Nested layouts can only be
> > added using the simple theme. And adding a portlet using the nested layout
> > adds the portlet to the top level layout. This may be a problem with
> > selector.psml and company. But I couldn't build today.
> >
> Just for clarification, are you talking about a bug in the /desktop
> customizer or /portal customizer?

This bug is in the /portal customizer.

The /desktop customizer doesn't have the button to add nested layouts.
Nested layouts (psml edited manually) display correctly in /desktop
view page mode. But in edit page mode the nested layout customizer
does not present itself.

Philip

> Also, we have not agreed upon using Dojo in the /portal customizer,
> currently its all non-dojo customization. I would like to propose that
> we replace the default customizer in /portal mode with the same
> customizer that is used in /desktop mode.
>
> Steve, do you think this is possible?
>

> (Lets keep the emails to one subject. I'll respond on the build error on
> a separate thread.)

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Customizer UI

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
  Hi Dev List,

> I've looked at the dojo widgets and I think the TitlePane would be a good
> way for users to distinguish nested layouts from one another (at least in
> the /portal/ context). A TitlePane that hides all the content of each
> layout
> including portlets, nested layouts, and the Layout Configuration tool.
>
> The + (add portlet icon) should be moved to the Layout Configuration tool.

+1 - that way addition of portlets is directly associated to the current
  fragment set

> Remove completely the Jetspeed Customizer box.
>
> Change the name Page Configuration to Jetspeed Page Customizer. And move it
> to the top because it only appears once. It could have it's own
> TitlePane so
> that users can close it while working with the portlets and layouts. The
> interest in doing so being to save vertical space.
>
> And add a Add Folder input and button to the Jetspeed Page Customizer so
> users can add Folders similar to adding pages.
+1 on all of this, it makes sense