Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/26 00:41:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bump hadoop versions

Hadoop 2.8.x has been removed from the download page of hadoop so I think
it is time to bump the hadoop dependency to 2.9.x, on master an branch-2.

And the hadoop community is going to make 2.10.x the last minor release
line for 2.x

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cab84265d632b90d66dcd1ad957a7439a2c76a987c7e62feafb4812e%40%3Ccommon-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

I think this is a sign that the community is moving forward to 3.x. So I
propose we make the master branch hadoop3 only, This requires changing the
pom a bit to active hadoop3 profile by default and remove the hadoop2
profile.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bump hadoop versions

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Looking forward to see the plan of 3.0 :-)

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Why not start a branch-3 and begin SNAPSHOT releasing of this branch right now?

+1 to dropping Hadoop 2 support in HBase 3. We need the major increment to make this kind of change, let’s take the opportunity.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Good catch -- I am not sure. I know that Twitter recently upgraded to 2.9
line so I imagine there are still interest in maintaining that branch.
Let's move this question to the Hadoop dev mailing list.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.