Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bahman Kalali <bk...@csg.uwaterloo.ca> on 2002/10/31 01:37:53 UTC

WSDL files

 I have two general questions.

I can get and browse a WSDL file from Axis run time engine after a Web Service is deployed to the Axis platform.

1) Do other Web service platforms such as WebSpehre, Glue, WSDP and etc.. allow us to get a WSDL files in the same way as Axis offer?

    It seems to me that Axis has a repository of deployed WSDL files.

2) Do other Web Service Platforms keep/store the WSDL files of deployed Web Services?

Regards,

--Bahman

Re: WSDL files

Posted by c poly <co...@b-online.gr>.
If you mean the ?WSDL option, I think yes...I'm almost sure that .NET does
that (.asmx?WSDL to get the WSDL file from a .NET deployed web service) and
(correct me if I'm wrong) I think this behaviour tends to become a standard
among all platforms.

On the other hand, I don't think that Axis stores them in some place. It
seems to me that it produces them ad hoc. But that's only my notion, I can't
prove it...

Costas Polychronopoulos