Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jlsnurr <jl...@revelation21.org> on 2021/11/01 11:58:49 UTC

Two Issues

To whom it may concern,

When I used to shut down Open Office, it would keep the last docs I had
used and were open when closing the app. When starting Open Office, It
would ask about restoring the docs that were open when last closed. I
could click OK and each of those docs would open up.

However, for some reason, Open Office now doesn't remember the last ones
that were open and when I start Open Office, I have to reopen each doc
from the "Open" box in the menu bar.

How can I get Open Office to reopen all the last docs I'd used and had
open when closing the app?

Also, when I start Open Office, where it shows the docs I had open last,
it shows an old doc there that will never open since it was since
removed from my root directory (it shows a red "X"). How can I get rid
of this old doc that Open Office is remembering?

Thanks,
                     Joseph Snurr

Re: Two Issues

Posted by ELAINE MURSZEWSKI <sa...@aol.com.INVALID>.
I had that happen as well.  BUT now I make sure that I go into my task manager (I'm a PC/Windows user) and right click on Open Office, select "end task".  Your files that were open on shut down will open on power on and opening open office.
Elaine

The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses. ~~ Napoleon Hill