Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Eduard Hildebrandt <ma...@eduard-hildebrandt.de> on 2008/06/25 16:42:23 UTC

Presentation: Implementing Enterprise Integration with Apache Camel

Hello guys,

first of all I would like to thank you for the great work on Apache
Camel and the large amount of effort you have put into this framework.
My colleagues and I are using the framework on a regular basis and
recommend it to our clients.

I'm writing to let you know that I'm holding a presentation with the
title "Implementing Enterprise Integration with Apache Camel" on "Java
Forum Stuttgart 2008" conference in Germany. You can find the
Powerpoint slides at:
http://family-hildebrandt.com/eduard/eip_with_apache_camel/

Feedback or any comments on this presentation are highly appreciated.

Many greetings from Germany!

Best regards,

Eduard

--
Weblog: http://www.eduard-hildebrandt.de

RE: Presentation: Implementing Enterprise Integration with Apache Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Hi Eduard

First of all congrats on making it to the finals in the european football.

I am impressed with your presentation. It does have nice slides with a "story" that anyone can relate to, when you are our shopping with the family.

There has been a talented graphical touch on all the slides. Looks like professional press material ;)

We could use a person that could updated the version 1.0 on the Camel box ;)
Someone has the talent to remove the version number then we have a generic box that doesn't look outdated.

Slide 16 the first that shows some Camel XML configuration is about JMS configuration - maybe that is a bit to hardcore to start with since the previous slides was about the route. You could create a simple slide with only the Java DSL:

from("jms:wishes").to("file://shopping");

That would standout and explain how simple it is.

You 3 translation with different formats is pretty powerful.

And I do love that you have added the EIP symbols on the slides that outpins what pattern is used. Camel is after all much about those patterns.

And your normalizer pattern is great as it kinda shows that if your DSL start to get big then you can separate that into other classes and just add as routes. (Higher level abstraction).

Slide 40 - if you can use the DOT visual graph generation to generate your own example - that would be cool

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21