Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John Harrison <sr...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/11/06 19:24:47 UTC

contrib:Table

Hi again,
    As any body has any example of using contrib:Table which populates data from DB and one of the column is either checkbox/radio button or direct link.

I am trying to grasp what is available in example ( workBench) but going no where.

OR could any body please tell me how do I use existing LocalSelection component to populate data from DB but data is populated in Page class as it is using Visit object while retriveing!.

Looking forward for +ve response.

Thanks
JH

---------------------------------

Re: contrib:Table

Posted by John Harrison <sr...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hello Mindbridge,
    Thanks for your reply.
I would like to populate data for every request / response as data in db will be constantly updated by external systems.

What I am trying to do is to build a Table component exactly same as LocaleSelection(with DirectLink as one column). but instead of m_objVerbosityRating = new VerbosityRating(), to populate data in table I would like to have some thing like m_objInvList = InvoiceAction.getInvoiceList(int category)
where 'category' is specific to users who logged in and that is stored in Visit object once the user is logged in.

I am not able to understand how to get reference to visit Object in LocalSelection class. ?

Am I making it clear now?. If so could you please guid me how to build Table component.

Thanks for you help.

Regards
JH.

Re: contrib:Table

Posted by Mindbridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I am sorry, I cannot fully understand what you need.

Populating the table with data from DB is not a problem, but do you want to
populate the data once initially, or at every request/response cycle (i.e.
to constantly update it)?