Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Hardin <ma...@carrierpoint.com> on 2000/01/03 22:06:55 UTC

Solaris/Sparc install

FYI, for whom it may concern,
I am currently trying to download the tomcat build 3.0 package for Solaris
(ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.Z).
I get corruption errors upon trying to uncompress the Z file. Output follows
at bottom of e-mail. I'm pretty sure this is not a result of the manor in
which I'm downloading the package or trying to uncompress. I've attempted
the same on two different Solaris boxes.  This inevitably causes package add
(pkgadd) to fail.

Thanks,
Matthew Hardin
Software Engineer
CarrierPoint

# uncompress -c ASFtomcat.pkg.tar.Z | tar xvf -
x ASFtomcat, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/pkgmap, 34717 bytes, 68 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/pkginfo, 197 bytes, 1 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/FAQ, 9230 bytes, 19 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/README, 2796 bytes, 6 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/ant, 250 bytes, 1 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/env.tomcat, 1520 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/SimpleStartup.java, 5243 bytes, 11 tape
blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/server.dtd, 785 bytes, 2 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/server.xml, 2658 bytes, 6 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf, 1442 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/web.dtd, 15472 bytes, 31 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/etc/web.xml, 15531 bytes, 31 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/examples, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
uncompress: corrupt input
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/examples/WEB-INF, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/examples/WEB-INF/classes, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x ASFtomcat/root/opt/tomcat/examples/WEB-INF/classes/CookieExample.class,
3293 bytes, 7 tape blocks