Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/26 14:53:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release NAR Maven Plugin

Hello,

I'd like to kick out a new release of the NAR Maven plugin soon. The
primary purpose would be for a new feature that generates an extension
descriptor inside each NAR. This descriptor will provide information
to NiFi Registry about what extensions exist in the NAR when version
controlling an extension bundle. For those that are interested, a few
example descriptors are located in the test resources of NiFi Registry
[1].

Once the NAR plugin is released, we can then bump the version in NiFi
master and start working towards a release of NiFi Registry 0.4.0. I'm
happy to take on RM duties if no one else wants to.

-Bryan

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi-registry/blob/master/nifi-registry-core/nifi-registry-bundle-utils/src/test/resources/descriptors

Re: [DISCUSS] Release NAR Maven Plugin

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
While trying to get NiFi master running against the released 1.3.0 NAR
plugin [1], an issue was encountered that can cause the extension
manifest generation to fail [2] . Unfortunately this was hard to
notice unless building with an empty M2 repo.

We'll have to kick out a 1.3.1 shortly. This PR seems to solve the
issue, but will continue to test [3].

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3463
[3] https://github.com/apache/nifi-maven/pull/11

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.