Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/24 17:59:08 UTC

[mina] Interesting bench mark result: One Queue vs Three Queues

Hi,

I ran some benchmark related with MINA thread pool.  I attached the
code, so you could review it.

MINA thread pool uses three queues to buffer three parameters not
creating any event object JavaBeans.  I did because it takes longer to
allocate any extra objects, but here is a new result:

One Queue is 25% faster in sipte of extra object creation.

I ran this benchmark at Sun VM, Windows XP, AMD64 3200+.

Any other guys who can run this benchmark at other environments?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [mina] Interesting bench mark result: One Queue vs Three Queues

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for running the benchmark.  I optimized BaseThreadPool
according to this result.  I also ran with -verbose:gc option.  I see
a lot of incremental GC logs, but it seems to outperform two extra
queue operations.

Trustin

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Linux pcjvermillard 2.6.10-9-amd64-k8 #1 Tue Mar 15 01:45:16 CET 2005
x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+

java version "1.5.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_01-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_01-b08, mixed mode

Result :

Warming up.
Done.
4198