Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Lister Jonathan <jo...@vaisala.com> on 2020/03/10 15:54:28 UTC

Netbeans 11.3 - minor issues with FlatLaf

Firstly I would like to say that NB 11.3 is fabulous, the HiDpi improvements are especially welcome and the FlatLaf dark theme is much appreciated.

A couple of minor issues illustrated by the enclosed screen shot:

1.       The project names are "clipped" at the right hand end, the highlighted entry should read platform-services-extended-observation-parent - clipping is also visible on other project names, but is more exaggerated on the longer names.

2.       The file names in the editor tabs overwrite the X slightly.

3.       The terminal window doesn't follow the dark theme - or have I just missed a configuration option?

Note: #1 and #2 can be "fixed" by removing the -fontsize 16 from netbeans.conf, see the second image below - however, the text is then a bit too small for comfortable day-long use, at least with my eyes ;-)

My settings (from the About box) are:
Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 11.3

Java: 13.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 13.0.2+8

Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 13.0.2+8

System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; Cp1252; en_US (nb)

User directory: C:\Users\pjl\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\11.3

Cache directory: C:\Users\pjl\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\11.3

One setting added to netbeans_default_options=" in netbeans.conf:
--fontsize 16

Screen resolution is native at 3840 x 2160 (Recommended), and Scale / Layout is 150% (recommended) in Windows / Display Settings.

Screen shot with -fontsize 16:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D5F6F4.2BF97700]

Screen show with default font size - no clipping but the text is too small to read comfortably:

[cid:image004.jpg@01D5F6F4.2BF97700]