Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Paul Szulc <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/27 15:27:45 UTC

wicket-archetype-quickstart is not enough

I recently did some ranting about wicket-archetype-quickstart on my blog:
http://paulszulc.wordpress.com/2009/07/26/wicket-archetype-quickstart-is-not-enough.
To be person who not only complains, but also acts, I decided to create my
own, more "enhanced" wicket archetype, that would aim the issues described
on my blog.
The archetype I'm creating is getting closer to 1.0.0 stable version, but I
got  this feeling that I might still missing something. There might be still
some repetitive configurations, some typical patterns, that any developer
would like to see after running

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeArtifactId=wctemplate-archetype

Thus if you have any suggestions or maybe you believe the whole idea is
simply stupid,  please let me know. I would love to hear from other Wicket
users, what they think of creating extended wicket archetype.

--
Best regards,
Paul Szulc